Welcome to the Highmark Health organization of leading health care companies and more than 40,000 employees.
We're proud to serve nearly 50 million Americans in all 50 states and the District of Columbia through our businesses in health insurance, health care delivery, post-acute care management solutions, managed vision care, retail eyewear and eye care services, eyewear manufacturing, dental solutions, health risk solutions and innovative technology-based solutions.
We share a deep commitment to getting health care right by improving the health care system, the health of our local communities and the health care experience of those we serve. We invite you to learn more.
Our principles of integrity serve as a path to what is proper in most work situations, regardless of the job at hand:
- Personal and professional integrity is and has been our most important attribute.
- We care not just for the end result but also for how it's obtained.
- We are honest and forthright and observe all laws and regulations, but lawful behavior isn't quite enough. Ethical behavior is our standard.
- We trust our instincts to tell us that something isn't quite right, and we ask questions whenever in doubt as to the proper course of action.
- Customer, provider and supplier relations are the cornerstones of our business. They must be built upon credibility and mutual respect.
- We demand ethical conduct in all our activities.
- We always do the right thing.
We encourage our employees and partners to follow these principles as a primary road map for being ethical and successful at our company and in life.
All vendors that conduct business with us are required to adhere to our Third Party Code of Business Conduct.