At Highmark Health, environmental sustainability is a natural extension of our commitment to building stronger communities of healthier people. Our Highmark, Inc. organization has a history of leadership in corporate sustainability, including:
- ENERGY STAR certification for Highmark Health's headquarters in Pittsburgh, and Highmark offices in West Virginia and Camp Hill, PA; more than 80 percent of Highmark's owned office space is among the most energy efficient nationwide.
- 2016-2017 and 2014-2015 top score in the large-business category of the Green Workplace Challenge.
- Award-winning LEED Silver-Certified data center near Hershey, PA (one of the first data centers certified under the LEED rating system) and LEED Gold-Certified renovation of 24th floor in corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh.
- Founding partner of the Pittsburgh 2030 District, a community of high-performance buildings whose goals include 50 percent reductions of transportation emissions and energy and water consumption by the year 2030.
- Recognition as a "bicycle friendly business" from the League of American Bicyclists.
Use the highlight links below to learn more about Highmark's sustainability achievements and Highmark Health's ongoing commitment to protecting the health of our environment and our communities.